UBM's unique culture is a key element to creating long term shareholder value. During 2014 we embedded the UBM Commitments with 205 champions from 17 countries running monthly activity sessions. As an adjunct to our Commitments during 2014 we launched the "Doing Business at UBM" initiative which sets out the basic principles which govern the way UBM employees are expected to behave and directs employees to the various UBM policies that underpin the Code of business conduct.
UBM is able to attract, develop and retain the most talented people at all levels and foster a learning culture. We do this in a variety of ways:
- Talent management – most notably our Business Leaders Programme and our regional Leadership Development Programme
- Adopting employment policies which offer flexible working and paid leave
- Supporting the principles of the United Nations Declaration on Human Rights
- Appropriate reward incentives – including bonus, long term incentives and Sharesave schemes
- Promoting the wellbeing of our people – wellness clinics and programmes, health checkups, healthclub reimbursement schemes etc