UBM excels in creating events that bring people together to do business. Having skilled and engaged employees is essential to delivering these productive and dynamic events. UBM's unique culture is a key element to creating long term shareholder value.
During the year UBM employed 5,107 people. We are able to attract, develop and retain the most talented people at all levels and foster a learning culture in a variety of ways:
- Talent management – most notably our Business Leaders Programme and our regional Leadership Development Programme
- Adopting employment policies which offer flexible working and paid leave
- Supporting the principles of the United Nations Declaration on Human Rights
- Appropriate reward incentives – including bonus, long term incentives and Sharesave schemes
- Promoting the wellbeing of our people – wellness clinics and programmes, health checkups, healthclub reimbursement schemes etc